The mission of 阿代尔县公共卫生中心 (ACPH) is to promote, 保存, enhance and protect the health and well-being of all persons in the community.
阿代尔县公共卫生中心 advocates for health prevention and promotion for all Adair County residents through collaborations with community stakeholders and partners. 阿代尔县公共卫生中心 serves as liaison to local and state agencies and organizations, including the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), Adair County Board of Supervisors, 阿代尔县卫生局, and Adair County Health System (十大靠谱网赌排行). Public Health provides individuals with information, resources and referrals to local health agencies and services.
阿代尔县公共卫生中心 is involved in numerous programs, 包括:
- Communicable disease prevention and follow up
- Emergency preparedness and response to public health disasters
免疫接种 (Make placeholder for image - 十大靠谱网赌排行 will add a PDF (calendar for flu clinic dates/times),
In collaboration with Adair County Medical Clinics – 十大靠谱网赌 and 十大靠谱网赌排行, 阿代尔县公共卫生中心 provides immunizations for individuals of all ages following current Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) guidelines.
The goal of the Iowa Department of Public Health is for every child to be fully immunized by 2 years of age. 除了, 青春期的助推器, 包括破伤风白喉百日咳混合疫苗, 脑膜炎球菌和人乳头瘤病毒, are recommended at age 11-12 years.
阿代尔县公共卫生中心 participates in the 儿童疫苗计划, which offers no cost immunizations to children ages 0-18 years who are uninsured, 保额不足, American Indian or Alaskan Native.
ACPH conducts yearly immunization audits with local schools and daycares.
The Tdap booster is recommended for adults every 10 years. Additional recommendations include the shingles vaccine for those 50 years and older, and Pneumonia vaccine for individuals 65 and older.
ADCP offers a variety of influenza vaccines seasonally for all eligible age groups, including seasonal shots for individuals ages 6 months and older, 定期注射流感疫苗, high dose flu shots for those 65 and older, 和喷雾剂.
新型冠状病毒肺炎 vaccine is offered throughout the year by appointment for individuals 6 months and older.
Communicable Disease Prevention and Follow Up
阿代尔县公共卫生中心 partners with the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) to deliver several programs and services designed to stop the spread of communicable diseases of varying severity and contagion.
- Consults for potential rabies exposures for animal bites.
- Follow-up interventions for communicable diseases，例如E. 杆菌, 沙门氏菌和百日咳, 肺结核, 流感和新型冠状病毒肺炎, to prevent outbreaks and illness.
- Offers free access to condoms in efforts to prevent sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Emergency Preparedness and Response
Central Iowa Healthcare Coalition (link to website CIHCC | Iowa Preparedness Service Areas (prepareiowa.com)) includes multiple public health departments, 医院, EMS and emergency management agencies in counties across central Iowa. 阿代尔县公共卫生中心 is an active member of the coalition, 计划, prepares for and mitigates disasters such as the 新型冠状病毒肺炎 pandemic. The coalition is funded by state and federal 医院, public health and EMS preparedness grants.
阿代尔县公共卫生中心 also collaborates with state and local partners to conduct exercises and tests to improve plans and procedures for emergency response.
阿代尔县公共卫生中心 offers a variety of health screenings to members of the community, 包括:
- Free blood pressure screenings during open office hours.
- No cost mammograms and pap-smears (to screen for breast and cervical cancer) for those who qualify based on income through the 关爱自己计划
- Covid-19 take home test kits, which are provided by IDPH.
Through partnerships with state and local community providers and agencies, 阿代尔县公共卫生中心 assesses health needs and strives to improve health outcomes and health equity across the county.
阿代尔县公共卫生中心 collaborates closely with:
- Guthrie County Public Health, which provides Environmental Health 十大靠谱网赌
- EveryStep, which provides homecare services in Adair County
- Current 新型冠状病毒肺炎 community risk CDC
- Current 新型冠状病毒肺炎 Iowa data reporting
- Current 新型冠状病毒肺炎 quarantine and isolation guidance